Check in on a regular basis to find great webinars hosted by a variety of experts around the country sponsored by industry leaders.
Vascular Access Device (VAD) Selection in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Speaker: Dr. Rodrigo Cartin-Ceba, MD, MSc and Barbara Nickels, MSN, RN, APRN-CNS, CCRN, CRNI
June 15, 2023 at 2:00 PM ET / 11:00 AM PT
- Discuss types of central lines and their indications and contraindications in the intensive care setting.
- Consider the appropriate central line based on patient considerations in the intensive care setting.
- Examine published literature regarding strategies to reduce central line complications.
- Discuss irritants, vesicants, infusion complications and the findings of the vesicant task force.
- Review standards and guidelines that aid in the reduction of insertion and post-insertion complications.
- Identify strategies to optimize patient outcomes during insertion, maintenance, and removal of vascular access devices.